Sunday, June 14, 2009

Retro Design's Newest Quick Page Freebies

The following two layouts were created using Quick Page Freebies created by Helen Weber (Retro Designs). They were formerly available through Deco-Pages.com:


Quick Page Freebie #1


Quick Page Freebie #2



Meandering Salamander

Journaling:
This was a tough critter to get a photo of on our recent trip to Florida. He kept meandering everywhere! My daughter, Nicole, tried to get a photo of another one but no such luck. Patience and persistence finally paid off or I simply wore him out for this photo.

Notes:
This is another great QP by Helen Weber (Retro Designs). Many others who have used the QP have opted to do extractions. I wasn’t sure if I wanted to do an extraction or not, but the photo of the salamander on the wall behind the bushes lent itself to an extraction of the bushes. Unfortunately the extraction covers up a third of the frame Helen created. If you know me by now, you know I can never leave well enough alone. The quick page comes with a Sun clock with it’s time set at ten minutes after 10:00. I took my photo at 4:00 in the afternoon, so I had to change the time on the Sun clock. With a little cutting, pasting, mirroring, blending and erasing the Sun clock now displays the corrected time.

Credits:
Photos: Tom Dillion II
Quick Page Freebie #1: Helen Weber (Retro Designs) - Time Began In A Garden Quick Page Freebie
Font: Papyrus
Software: PSCS2


Potting Shed Window - St. Thomas

Notes:
This is another great QP by Helen Weber (Retro Designs). The view through a Potting Shed Window is something I would love to see everyday. If I could see this view everyday, it would mean I was living on the beautiful island of St. Thomas in the Caribbean. This photo was taken on a photo tour of the island during our recent Caribbean cruise on January 29 – February 8, 2009. It was taken from the top of the mountain looking down at the Port of Havensight. There are two ships in view in the middle upper right window pane. The ship to the right is the Emerald Princess, which we were cruising on. I made some subtle changes to the QP. I changed the text on the plaque in the upper left to say St. Thomas. I added a plant in the bucket on the shelf. The plant is an extraction of a plant I took a photo of on the cruise. Finally, I added a ship key chain to the right side of the window.

Credits:
Photos: Tom Dillion II
Quick Page: Helen Weber (Retro Designs) - Time Began In A Garden Quick Page Freebie #2
Font: Ravie
Software: PSCS2

Thank you very much again Helen Weber (Retro Designs)!!!





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?