Sunday, August 24, 2008

Retro Design's Quick Page Freebies

The following two layouts were created using the very generous Quick Page Freebies by Helen Weber (Retro Designs), which can be found by first going to the former "Scraps Of Memories Freebies" thread in the Deco-Pages Forum. After you're there you must post a message asking if you can join the fun or something to that tune. (You may have to register on the site if you haven't already done so.) Helen will send you a Private Message within Deco-Pages with the link to her first Quick Page Freebie. Once you have completed the Quick Page and posted it in the Gallery, go back to the thread, post a link to your layout and Helen will send another Private Message to you with the link to her second Quick Page Freebie...




Lucretia and Samuel Leiper

Notes:

I was going through my Mother’s collection of family belongings. Something I have done several times before. Only this time while looking through a green metal file box that belonged to my Grandfather (my Mother’s father), I noticed the lid was a little heavier than it should be and there was something rattling in it. Then I noticed a key hole, so I looked through the file box and found a cloth bag containing three keys. One was broke. It was most likely the original for the file box. Another key was too large for the hole. I’m curious what lock it fits? The third key was newer and very shiny. It did not completely match the broken key, but it fortunately fit the hole. It was most likely the replacement for the broken key. I was amazed when I opened this secret compartment in the lid. It contained several rolls of old coins, my Grandfather’s wallet and several envelopes. Each envelope contains photographs of my Mother’s family. Having not seen many photographs of my Mother’s family, this is an absolute gold mine for me. This layout contains some of the contents of one of the envelopes as well as the envelope itself. It was sent by a Mrs. Jenison to my Grandfather in June 1921. This date is based on the date on the letter contained in the envelope and the post mark. The two photographs I placed in the book are of my Grandparents, Lucretia and Samuel Leiper. The four photographs along the bottom are of my Grandmother. The photographs were taken at Mrs. Jenison’s home in Lansing, Michigan and the Conservatory on Belle Isle in Detroit, Michigan. What appears to be cards with writing on them are actually the back side of some of the photographs. These were written by Mrs. Jenison. I felt these were journaling enough for this layout. The one I thought was humorous I placed on the book. It says: “Who’s the Jewess? or Hunk?” I thought it was humorous because I thought the term “hunk” was a modern day term… It just proves there’s new under the sun. The sayings on the other two photographs are: ”I always take the best picture when you can’t see what I look like” and “A chicken with a chic pose and a hen face at the Conservatory on Belle Isle, Detroit, Mich.”. The second saying was on the back side of the photograph of my Grandmother in the bottom right of the layout.

Additional Notes:


When is a Quick Page not a Quick Page? It's when you want to add something to the layout and you want to place it under an element in the Quick Page. I wanted to place the photographs under the book. It required duplication of the background and then erasing everything around the book. Thus, making the book in the Quick Page it's own element. LOL!!! This was fun! Thanks Helen!!!

Credits:


Photos: Mrs. Jenison
Quick Page Freebie #1: Helen Weber
 (Retro Designs) - Scraps Of Memories kit
Flower Elements: Deb Ammerman – 07 Scrapbook Day kit
Swirl Element: CAZ – Garden Party June 2006 PTP kit
Font: Edwardian Script
Software: PSCS2




Leiper Family


Journaling (left side of book):


LEIPER

Samuel Harper Leiper
.....b. March 23, 1897
.....m. December 21, 1921
Lucretia Isabell Bashaw
.....b. August 24, 1898
Hugh Miller Leiper
.....b. November 1, 1922
Moneta Frances Leiper
.....b. January 31, 1924
Glenna Joanne Leiper
.....b. December 28, 1928

Journaling (under photo):


Samuel Harper Leiper
.....b. March 23, 1897
.....d. May 13, 1935

Notes:


I decided to make this QP layout a mini-genealogy of my Leiper Family. The middle photo features my Grandmother Lucretia Isabell Bashaw Leiper holding my Mother Glenna Joanne Leiper on her lap with my Uncle Hugh Miller Leiper standing on her right and my Aunt Moneta Frances Leiper standing on her left. The photo in the book features my Grandfather Samuel Harper Leiper.

Credits:


Photos: Unknown Photographer
Quick Page Freebie #2: Helen Weber (Retro Designs) - Scraps Of Memories kit
Font: Harrington
Software: PSCS2

Thank you very much Helen Weber (Retro Designs)!!!





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?