Saturday, February 17, 2007

My First Kit!!!


Papers........................................................Elements

I finally completed my first kit... Valentine Be Mine. It features 12 papers, 6 ribbons, 2 prongs, 8 photo corners, 3 paper clips, 4 heart clips, 2 brads and 2 buttons. It was fun to create. It involved a little work and thought, which was the fun.

I created it to give as gifts for particpating in the 1st inspiration Crop and 1st Inspiration Challenge at Scrap 2 Basics. The 1st Inspiration Crop was held during the Grand Re-opening of Scrap 2 Basics on February 4th, 2007. Since it was Valentine season, the Inspiration for the crop had to be something valentines. I found an art print titled "Two Hearts" by Laura Lynen at Art Select that I thought was perfect inspiration. Following is a view of the print:



I say "I thought" because only three persons participated... and I was one of the three! The participation gift I gave them was the Papers half of my "Valentine Be Mine" kit. Following is my inspired layout using papers and elements from my own kit:



The participation gift for the 1st Inspiration Challenge (explained in the post below) was the elements half of the kit. Again, only three persons participated... and I was one of the three. The participation wasn't too bad for the 1st crop and challenge. I'm very glad four people participated. It's just like the saying "If you build it, they will come" from the movie "Field of Dreams".

So far the four persons really like the kit. I know it's past Valentines Day now, but I can't wait to see any layouts created with the kit.

Have a great scrapbooking day!





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?